On Friday I took the kids to Lake Harmony, just down the road from our house, to fly their kites since it was so windy outside. We loaded up the car and away we went. Well, the kite flying was OK but it was a little too gusty to keep them in the air so we headed down to the gazebo near the water. We decided to take our shoes off and dip our feet in the water. All good, right? Well....I decided I needed to take a picture of Courtney and Noah together near the water. I took 3 and none of them were good because of the wind, closed eyes and a funny face by Noah.....So I made them go back and stand by the water again while they were holding their shoes, when all of a sudden Noah dropped his croc in the water. Bye, bye croc!! It floated to the middle of the lake and I was not about to jump in, even though I paid $35 for them for Christmas. The water was cold, dirty and well, I had no bikini to wear. So we watched it float over to the other side of the lake and hiked down a ravine to get it. Thank goodness for the wind. It pushed it over to the other side of the lake. Needless to say I was so mad and Noah was laughing the whole time. He thought it was quite comical that his shoe was still floating. Now that I look back it was quite funny. It would have been funnier had I told him he had to swim out to get it.....then again, he would have, he is that crazy. Anyway, who said that being at home for spring break couldn't be fun!! There is never a dull moment with these Butler Kids!!!! Here are the pictures of our adventure:

Courtney with her butterfly kite!
Noah with his box kite!
Down by the water!
Dipping our feet in the cold water!
The reason I wanted to take another picture....
the picture before the croc got dropped!
Yep, there it is. Floating in the water!
0 comments:
Post a Comment