Sunday, January 27, 2008

Courtney's 10th Birthday Party

Courtney will turn 10 tomorrow, January 28th!!! I can't believe it has been 10 years since she came into this world. Makes ya feel a little old. Since it was a big year (double digits) I told her she could have a big party. We started planning right after Christmas! She wanted about 15-20 of her closest friends to come so we sent the invitations out. She really wanted everyone to sleepover and so she wrote "Optional Sleepover" on ALL the cards. Well we had 11!! And that was not to mention the 15 that we had at her party. I decorated the basement for over a week. Thank you Sus for the ideas, and everyone for loaning me heaters, tables and the Karaoke machine! We had a High School Musical Theme!! I cleared everything out, put up red tarp all around the room, strung lights, a disco ball, posters and a High School Musical Happy Birthday banner. Papa built a stage and I painted it (yes by freehand)!! We served hot dogs, popcorn, candy, basically all the junk food you could ever imagine. The girls had a blast! They walked in on "The Red Carpet". They danced and sang Karaoke all night! We had a dance competition, which I have to say Noah won!! I tried but Courtney was too embarrassed by her mom dancing. Then a singing competition, which Brianna won!! Then they played American Idol!! Of course, I sang too and forgot the words! HA HA!! And I still got to go to Hollywood! Sydney is a great Simon!! Courtney opened her gifts, in which she got 7 new Webkinz!! She gets a new bedroom theme from us with new paint, comforter set and accessories. She has informed me that she would like an I-phone next year (YEA RIGHT!!). Nice try. But some of her friends already have cell phones. We had a High School Musical cake and balloons galore. They made pillow door hangers for their bedrooms (Thank you so much Michelle for staying and helping. I could not have done it without you!) and watched High School Musical 2 of course. We packed them like sardines in the family room in their sleeping bags. I don't think they (or I) really got a whole lot of sleep that night (maybe 3-4 hours). I had to tell them to be quiet a couple of times but for the most part they were all a joy to have. They awoke at 7:00 AM!! They played egg/sushi roll fights with their sleeping bags, thank you Katherine. I don't understand that one! I made about a gazillion pancakes!! Anna ate most of them!! LOL!! Then they went back in the basement for the next round of American Idol!! Noah got to sing "Bet On It". Then the pick up and about 2 pots of coffee later, I felt semi-OK. I survived and Courtney said it was the best party she had had yet!! Oh boy, I can't wait until her sweet sixteen party! It was all worth it for her! I have to brag about her. She is a good girl, gets good grades, has a good heart, loves people and would do anything for anyone (most of the time), shes not only my little girl but my friend and my first born. My baby girl is 10!! I love you, Courtney May!!

0 comments: