Sunday, July 13, 2008

Just Some Sunday Thoughts

Hmmm.....where do I start. I got up to the sound of rain on the roof (brand new btw) and a phone call from my dear friend Kori. I had slept in from being out way too late at a PartyLite show the day before but rolled out of bed to get the kids ready for church anyway. We made it to Bible study but missed the service. It was a great lesson and I learned that God has me right where He wants me right now for this moment. I have a tough road ahead of me but He promised never to leave or forsake me. One little step at a time. It was a very emotional evening service but I was reminded of His faithfulness even when I am not. I am thankful for all of my friends and family for the love, support and prayers that have come my way during the most difficult time in my life. God knows my heart and I am thankful that He can meet my every need. I am thankful for Kori (my best friend), who has been there for me through all my faults and helps me along this journey, I love you. I am thankful for my kids who show me unconditional love. I am thankful for my pastor, for his guidance, wisdom and his promise to lift me and the kids up in his prayers. I am thankful for my church, my support group and my counselor. I am thankful for being able to go through this struggle because I will become stronger. I am thankful most of all that my God will never give up on me no matter what. The words to the song we sang tonight say it all:

You are my source of life
I can't be left behind
No one else will do
I will take hold of you

I need you Jesus
I need you Jesus

My heart is yours for life
I need your hand in mine
No one else will do
Lord, I put my trust in you

I need you Jesus to come to my rescue
Where else can I go?
There's no other name by which I am saved
Capture me with grace

I will follow you
This world has nothing for me

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

Hey girl! Just stumbled onto your blog from Misty's. I was glad I got to see you on Sunday wished we could have talked but maybe soon! Praying for you!!!

Misty said...

God is always there for you! Praying for you and always there for you! Please continue praying for me too. After a good week I have had a bad week and a half of migraines.
Talk/type with you soon,
~Misty :)