Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Picking the Perfect Tree

At the spur of the moment I decided that we would go and get our Christmas Tree today. Wasn't planning on it, still getting over this stinking cold, and had many other things I could have been doing. We normally go on a weekend but it was rainy and muddy this past weekend so we went today. It was great!! It was not busy and the kids started picking a tree out right away. OK, I have to tell you I am quite sad because I grew up where Christmas Trees were a dime a dozen and we could literally cut one down for just $10-20. And they were my favorite, Grand Fir. Well, we got the next best thing......a White Fir, probably brought in from Virginia. Yes, we have to have our trees shipped in down here!! I know it boggles your mind :) Anyway, the kids are really excited to get it and wanted to put it up.....RIGHT!! I could only roll the thing off my roof. At least this year they didn't tie us into my car (if you want to know about that one you will have to contact me!) Here are some pictures from our adventure......of course there were puddles and mud everywhere for Noah to get into and all in my car....gotta love it! Never a dull moment around our house for sure....................

0 comments: