Love Loud is in full gear! Yesterday the kids and I baked some brownies and took them to Fountain Lake Trailer Park which is our Sunday School's project for Love Loud. They had a block party for the community and Courtney actually took some pictures for me including a really good one of Scott as a clown!! We weren't able to stay of the whole thing but I was told it turned out great.

Today I spent most of the day at the church with the girls from our class sorting clothes for the kids of Fountain Lake. Tomorrow each child will get a bag of clothes!! They don't know that its coming but they will definitely be surprised and excited. The rest of the time was spent helping with people coming into the clothes drive.
There have been many touching stories so far, such as a lady who was at the clothes drive because she lost everything due to a fire in her home. Her husband and her jumped out of the second story window to their safety before they lost absolutely everything!! My heart just grieved for her as I listened to her story and we all tried to help her find her size clothes. She then went on to say that she was in the dental line because when she jumped one of her crowns came off and it hurt too much to put it back on. She was number 61 and they could only see 60. She had waited in line since 5:30 in the morning! I asked Dena if there was something we could do and Kori told her we will find a way to get you the dental help that she needed. We shared with her that we at FBCW have a Care Ministry and that they could help with getting her and her husband back on their feet. She asked me if they could maybe help with some furniture because they were sleeping on the floor. I told her I am sure they will work something out with her. As her eyes started welling up with tears she hugged each of us as if we had given her something of great worth.....a little glimpse of Jesus! He brings great hope in the midst of storms (this I know for myself)! I then spoke with Dena tonight about the conversation and she told me her friend had been bugging her about furniture that was in her garage that she needed to get rid of. Wow...I am going to get the ladies information but it is truly a God thing!! He is so very good!!There was another story of a lady who had driven all the way to the church from their residence without windshield wipers on her car (it was raining like crazy today) just to get her car checked out by our free auto service today. They had just been evicted from their apartment.
The kids had the opportunity to be in the medical clinic child care. They really had a good time helping with crafts, talking to them about the Jesus story cube and making balloon animals for each of them.

I have seen many needy people today in our community. From children to elderly! The need is great but I am so grateful to be part of a church that recognizes the need, not only for essentials but for Jesus.We will be back at the trailer park in the morning helping with the new sign and passing out food boxes to each trailer (as well as the clothes). This will be a great opportunity for Courtney and Noah to serve the less fortunate children in their community (a lot of them go to Hickory Flat Elementary School). It truly makes you thankful for what God has blessed us with and that we are able to give part of that including ourselves to show what He has done in our lives. God has done amazing things these last couple of days and I am looking forward to hearing some of the stories that continue to unfold.
Enough rambling for tonight. I need to get some sleep for a busy day tomorrow. I will post again some pictures and stories tomorrow between ball games and yes a packed weekend of PartyLite!! Nite ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz







0 comments:
Post a Comment