Saturday, June 28, 2008

So Sick of Bad Storms!!

Tonight we all went to Cumming to Red Robin (YAY, they have one near us finally!!) to celebrate my brothers birthday. Happy Birthday Brother!! How old are you? HA HA! We shopped around for a while afterwards when a thunderstorm came through. Lots of lighting and rain. It finally hit a lull and we headed for the cars. Anyway, we were driving home and the sky started looking green again.......wind, dark clouds, bad rain.....like can't see through it rain so we pulled the cars over and headed into Rite Aid. Running from the car to the store, we were drenched!! We sat in the back of the store in plastic chairs waiting for it to pass. OK, I admit, I was so wet I pulled a blanket off the shelf and dried part of my back and arms. I was stinking cold!! The rain was so bad it was coming in the doors and the roof was leaking. When it passed we headed back out to the cars and there was debris in the parking lot. I am so tired of the bad storms!! We are getting a new roof on the 7th of July from the last storm. Anyway, always and adventure in the Butler household and in Georgia. But I still can't wait for the beach.........................

0 comments: