Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bad Storms

Last night we headed to the ball field again for Noah's baseball game and my parents took Courtney to her double-header softball game. I knew there would be storms that evening because the weather station was calling for them but I was not aware that they would be so bad. As we started the game, I got a phone call from Keith and my mom and dad telling me the tornado sirens were going off and that they had called Courtney's game. They told us to all get to our cars but to stay around and we would play as it passed. Well, listening to the radio, I could tell it was not going to pass and then I got a call from one of my friends asking where I was and that a funnel cloud was heading our way. Needless to say Noah and I headed for home and Keith had picked Courtney up and was heading home also. We went through part of the nasty storm before arriving home. Keith was already home and had told me him and Courtney were heading up East Cherokee about a couple minutes before the tornado hit!! We are OK! Thank the Lord! But this was a little too close for my comfort level! It hit about a mile from where Courtney plays softball and only 3-4 miles from our house. The roads were closed earlier today but coming back from my friends house it was open so I was able to take some pictures of the damage. I smells like fresh cut wood. The elementary school was closed. Our friends house was spared in one of the subdivisions but it is not the same story for a lot of people. I have never seen so much damage. All I can say is I am glad my family is OK!! We have had a rough year with storms, etc. My car has hail damage (MY BRAND NEW CAR) :( and our roof has to be replaced on our house. All in all Atlanta has had a rough tornado season. I am hoping we don't have any more storms like these come through for the sake of all of us. I will post a slide show of pictures later tonight. I have to get the kids to their make-up ball games tonight!!

0 comments: