Sunday, January 4, 2009

Trying to Catch Up!!

I know I have been slacking on my blog from before Christmas but we have been so busy. The kids had been off from school for two weeks and we have had a jam packed time. Christmas was good this year despite everything that is going on in my life and Santa was good to the kids. Courtney got her hamster that she has so wanted (they stink soooo very bad). I give it 2 months tops! :) Anyway, Noah got a Wii system that he wanted to badly. So they were both very excited. We had everyone over to my house for Christmas and then went over to my mom and dad's for Boxing Day (It's an English Holiday and I really don't know why they call it Boxing Day). It's just another day to get together and eat and have fun. I walked in and mom and dad had surprised us with my Uncle John and Anne there from Tennessee. I was so excited to see both of them!! And more surprised that my mom kept a secret for so long. Anyway, we had a wonderful time as you can see by some of the pictures. Visit my Facebook account for more. :) We then had New Years for part of the time at my parents but then went home so the kids could throw confetti all over the road.....YAY...that's not getting cleaned up!!

The rest of the break has been filled with trips to the park, movies, rollerskating rink and more. I think I have entertained these kids out the wazzu.....I wished we had been somewhere like home (Spokane) since all my friends are having record amounts of snow and the kids could of had a blast sledding and building snowmen. Just a little of what I grew up doing. Instead on Christmas you could have worn a T-shirt it was that warm. If I am going to be that warm I would have rather been on the beach....you know me. Anyway, it has been an exciting time. Now back to normal and getting ready to kick some candle butt so I can go to Cancun!! Yay, more sun here I come......
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas season and a Happy New Years!! I was truly blessed this Christmas by the reminder of God's love for me that is so freely given and that I do not deserve one bit. He has blessed me in the midst of a storm and I am truly thankful and ever grateful for His love.

Now on to the New Year's resolutions toning up before Cancun and many other things on my list....

I promise I will not be so long in posting next time.....I am in the middle of planning Courtney's 11th mall scavenger hunt. Should be a fun time.....blog soon!

0 comments: