Saturday, March 15, 2008

Journey Retreat!

Where do I even start.....we left the church at 4:00 on Friday with 4 of us in the car. Kori, Peggy, Brenda and I headed to Covington, GA to some camp that is known for their scene in Friday the 13th movies (CREEPY). Anyway, we skipped the dinner that night at the camp (Chick-Fil-A baby) come to find out that was a good decision.....I swear that hamburger was not ground beef Peggy!! LOL. We first got to know each other which was just great. And then we got our room assignments.....Kori and I got to stay in the Infirmary. Lets just say, had it not been for us stealing the pillows from the good rooms we would not have slept (like we did anyway). And it was really creepy having old pictures hanging over the beds of old people. We went to bed that night at 2:30 and Kori politely woke me up at 6:00 with coffee. Needless to say I snuggled down in the bed for a little while longer. The first day was absolutely awesome. Getting to know people, Melissa's sessions, and just being able to share everything God has brought us all through was amazing. The whole retreat was focused around getting the Log out of our own eye before judging someone else. WOW!! And the stumbling blocks in our lives that separate us from God. Melissa had us take sticks that represented our stumbling blocks and bundle them together. I learned so much and God really spoke to me through all my heartache. He continues to show me different things on this journey. On Saturday we got free time for about 4 hours. Kori and I decided to run to Walmart (the only store in town, so we thought) to get a camera to take these pictures. We ended up at Dunkin Donuts for coffee and found a shoe store. Between us we purchased 7 pairs of shoes. We had a blast and created a new tradition. Sunday had to be the most meaningful day for me. We had a great lesson and took the Lords Supper. I felt God working on me to let one of my stumbling blocks go. It was very symbolic to me to throw my stick in the lake and say goodbye. One step at a time, closer to God and walking a life of integrity. That is how I choose to live. What a great time I had and I am really excited about this next year and growing some more. I am so blessed to have such awesome friends/sisters. I have never felt so accepted and loved from one single group of people. I love you all!

0 comments: